The full Practice of Practice Gamelan article can now be read at https://www.blameless.com/sre/sre-and-the-practice-of-practice
- Bailey, Derek (1980). Improvisation: Its Nature and Practice in Music. Da Capo Press.
- Cleese, John (2020). Creativity: A Short and Cheerful Guide. Hutchinson.
- Cook, Richard I.; Woods, DD. (2017). Above the line, below the line: A preview of the SNAFUcatchers Stella Report. Keynote from O’Reilly Velocity Conference, NYC.
- Cook, Richard I. (2000). How Complex Systems Fail.
- Crandall, Beth; Klein, Gary; Hoffman, Robert R. (2006). Working Minds: A Practitioner’s Guide to Cognitive Task Analysis. MIT Press.
- Dekker, Sydney (2014). The Field Guide to Understanding ‘Human Error’. CRC Press.
- Deleuze, Gilles; Guattari, Félix (1980). A Thousand Plateaus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia. University of Minnesota Press.
- Edwards, Robert; Baker, Andrea (2020). Bob’s Guide to Operational Learning: How to Think Like a Human and Organizational Performance (HOP) Coach. Pre-Accident Investigation Media.
- Hamzeh, Farook R.; Alhussein, Hasnaa; Faek, Farah (2018). Investigating the Practice of Improvisation in Construction. Journal of Management in Engineering, Vol 34 Issue 6.
- Klein, Gary; Feltovich, Paul; Bradshaw, Jeffrey; Woods, DD. (2005). Common Ground and Coordination in Joint Activity. Organizational Simulation (pp.139 - 184).
- Mendonça, David; Wallace, William A. (2004). Cognition in Jazz Improvisation: An Exploratory Study. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society, 26.
- Phillips, Eva C.; Scrinzi, Amy (2013). Basics of developmentally appropriate practice: An introduction for teachers of kindergartners. National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Rasmussen, Jens (1997). Risk management in a dynamic society: a modelling problem. Safety Science, Vol 27, Issues 2–3 (pp. 183 - 213).
- Roud, Ensieh (2021). Collective improvisation in emergency response. Safety Science, Volume 135, March 2021, 105104.
- Shorrock, Steven (2016). The Varieties of Human Work.
- Woods, DD. (2015). Four concepts for resilience and the implications for the future of resilience engineering. Reliability Engineering and System Safety (2015).